Submissions are now open for the 7th Annual Midwest Juried Exhibition, to be held at Walker’s Point Center for the Arts.
Deadline: Sunday, October 20th at midnight
Exhibition Dates: December 6, 2013 –January 18, 2014
About the Juror: Karen Irvine
Karen Irvine is Curator and Associate Director of the Museum of Contemporary Photography (MoCP) at Columbia College Chicago. She has organized over forty exhibitions of contemporary photography at the MoCP and other institutions and written essays for numerous artist monographs and magazines. Irvine is a part-time instructor of photography at Columbia College Chicago. She received an MFA in photography from FAMU, Prague, Czech Republic, and an MA in art history from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
This juried exhibition is open to all photographic artists who reside in Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan, and Iowa.
CoPA Member: Free
Non-Member of CoPA: $40
Limit four entries; entry fee is non-refundable.
1st Place: $300
2nd Place: $200
3rd Place: $100
Rules & Online Submissions
Only original works of art completed by the applicant and not previously exhibited in a CoPA Midwest Juried Exhibition may be submitted.
All entries must be submitted online via the CoPA website: http://copamilwaukee.com/content/2013-juried-show-entry-form
Be ready to include the following information when uploading your images:
- Daytime phone number
- Evening phone number
- Current email address
- Your CoPA membership status
- Artist statement and/or bio
If your work is chosen, this information will be included in the exhibition catalogue, so please be clear and concise. Limit of 1,000 characters (including spaces) for both the artist statement and the bio (not individually).
Please keep in mind that CoPA/WPCA will retain 30% of any sales generated during or from this exhibition. All commission goes to these two nonprofits which support art and education locally and regionally.
All uploaded images must meet the following specifications:
- Jpegs: 6 inches or 1800 pixels on the longest side, 300 dpi. Your quality should be at its highest. Please note: DO NOT use a border or frame on any of your digital images being submitted online.
We ask that you conform to the guidelines above. In the event that you are accepted into the exhibition, we will then have the quality needed to publish the image(s) in a catalogue. Also, this size will give the juror the detail needed to make selections for this exhibition.
Rules Upon Acceptance
If accepted into the exhibition, entries must be framed and ready for hanging with hook eyes and wire. Frames, mats, and glass should be clean and presented in a professional manner. Mats should be white or off white. Saw-tooth hangers will not be accepted. Size requirements: Image size no larger than 40 inches wide, including the frame and mat. Exceptions to any of these hanging requirements must receive authorization from CoPA Exhibitions.
The following are the dates and times when accepted work should arrive via shipment or may be dropped off at Walker’s Point Center for the Arts (839 South 5th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204).
- Saturday, November 16th: 11am – 5pm
- Tuesday, November 19th – Friday, November 22nd: 11am – 5pm
- September 24 – October 20 at Midnight: Online submission dates. Images uploaded after midnight on October 20th will not be accepted
- October 24 – November 3: Images reviewed by Juror
- November 8: Notification to accepted artists emailed, and announced on www.copamilwaukee.org.
Saturday, November 16th, 11am – 5pm: Work drop-off at WPCA
Tuesday, November 19th – Friday, November 22nd, 11am – 5pm: Work drop-off at WPCA
- December 6: Exhibition opens at WPCA. Opening reception at WPCA, 5pm – 9pm with a gallery talk by juror and presentation of awards at 7pm
- January 17: Closing reception from 5pm – 9pm at WPCA
- January 18: Exhibition closes
- January 21-25: Artists pick up work from WPCA. 1pm – 5pm
Please direct all questions or concerns regarding CoPA’s 7th Annual Midwest Juried Exhibition to: CoPA Exhibitions; Roy C. Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.