We are accepting applications for the Executive Director position. Interested parties should read the job description below carefully and submit an application to our Board President Lona Long Velasco by March 20. Click here to download a PDF of this document.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Walker’s Point Center for the Arts staff, programs, fundraising, public relations and execution of its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize WPCA’s volunteers, board members, committees, members, partnering organizations and funders
- Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee. Seek and build board involvement with strategic direction.
- Lead, coach, develop and retain WPCA’s high-performing team. Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, the community and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—work with Communications Coordinator to maintain strong web presence and work with Arts Education Coordinator to maintain and strengthen community connections.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Be an external local presence and voice in the community that communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the programs, events and opportunities.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program efficacy.
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies and practices including the development of job descriptions for all staff.
- Serving as WPCA’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, media and the community.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations to continuously enhance WPCA’s Mission and impact.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Center.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff; establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years nonprofit management experience.
- Solid hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation. Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Highly collaborative style, experience developing and implementing streamlined communication strategies focused on shared goal or vision.
- Ability to convey a vision of WPCA’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the non-profit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Action oriented, passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-time position-must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, three references and a writing sample
Email or mail to:
Lona Long Velasco
President, Board of Directors
Walker’s Point Center for the Arts
Address: 839 S 5th St, Milwaukee WI 53204
No phone calls please
Application Deadline: March 20th, 2015
Walker’s Point Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination based upon an individual’s age, ancestry, citizenship, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.