Digital Photography Project
a collaboration between Walker’s Point Center for the Arts and Artworks Milwaukee.
Program description: A 10-week, fall internship in partnership between ArtWorks Milwaukee and Walker’s Point Center for the Arts. Interns will learn the basics of digital photography using cellphones, point & shoots, and at times DSLRs. Interns will work on a small team to reflect on self and culture, and then have conversations with teens within the group and across the nation. The team will generate themes based upon these conversations and work towards a cohesive gallery of work to be displayed in December at WPCA.
Dates and Times: The fall program runs from September 27 through December 15, 2017.
Specific days and times will be determined and a detailed schedule will be given on the first day. Interns will work up to 10 hours a week.
Interns will also attend
- Walker’s Point Center for the Arts’ 30th Anniversary Celebration November 2, 2017
- ArtWorks annual Gala, November 11, 2017
- and a day of Career Coaching at Manpower Group, date TBD.
- Walker’s Point Center for the Arts – 839 South 5th Street, Milwaukee, 53204
- ArtWorks Studios – 207 East Buffalo Street, Suite 600, Milwaukee, 53202
Detailed information and calendar will be given on the first day.
Applications are now open! Apply here.
Deadline: Tuesday, September 5th, 2017 at 11:59 pm
No prior art experience or talent is needed, but:
1) You must be enrolled in a high school in a Milwaukee County for the duration of the program.
2) You must have a desire and willingness to work on photography individually and in a group setting.
3) Preference will be given to youth who live within 53204 Neighborhood.
Wage: Intern artists are paid $7.25 per hour.