For Black Power
WPCA stands with people fighting to protect the health, security, and wellbeing of Black, Indigenous, and POC communities. As the struggle for justice continues, our commitment to fight for racial equity—within the arts sector and beyond—stands unwavering. We denounce white supremacy and the state-sanctioned violence that disproportionately impacts Black and Brown people. We urge you to elevate your creative voice and to support the Black organizations leading the Movement for Black Lives today:
- African-American Civic Engagement Roundtable (AART): a coalition led by and serving the African-American community in Milwaukee.
- Black Leaders Organizing for Communities (BLOC): works to ensure a high quality of life and access to opportunities for members of the Black community in Milwaukee and throughout Wisconsin.
- Leaders Igniting Transformation: works to build homegrown leadership, expanding access and opportunity, and promote an equitable society by engaging and organizing the leadership of young people.
- Love on Black Women: Love On Black Women is a people-driven fund where 100% of the money raised goes directly to Black Women’s pockets.
- Milwaukee Freedom Fund: started by Black and Brown Milwaukee organizers who wanted to see residents supported as they asserted their rights to protest for justice.