Featured Member: Posy Knight
October 29th – December 17th, 2021
Break the Walls
Posy Knight and Zach Schorsch
Music by Allen Russell
With Cedar Becher, Erin Burmeister, Thom Cauley, Forrest Jackson, Noah Johnson, Molly Kiefer, Posy Knight, Ashley Milewski, Cuauhtli Casto Ramirez, Zach Schorsch, Audwin Short, Alice Svetic, Julia Teeguarden, Megan Velez, Christal Wagner, and Tori Watson
Danceteria: Break the Walls (2021) is a digital composition created collaboratively by Posy Knight (she/they) and Zach Schorsch (they/them) with music by Allen Russell (he/him).
Knight and Schorsch (K&S) arranged and manipulated Zoom footage from hybrid Danceteria events during the pandemic to create a window into the private world of its community of creators through space and time. About 27 minutes long, D;btw captures banality, chaos and coincidence within a variety of authentic personal experiences from perspectives that grow more and more intimate through technological experimentation. In the tenth and final section, the curtain slowly closes as the creators transcend into an endless breaking of the fourth wall using the “Infinity Zach” by turning two screens to face each other. K&S simultaneously discovered they could use backgrounds to “be together” or even “touch” in the “same space” but could also simultaneously escape into worm holes of visual distortions of their own creation – that Zoom space was infinite and aesthetic, creates community, inspires movement and can even be fun.
Read more about the Featured Member Exhibition where Posy was selected here.
Short Dance Film Series
Posy has curated an evening of film featuring artists from the D;btw project.
4:30pm-6:00pm at WPCA (839 S. 5th Street, Milwaukee, WI, 53204)
- Saturday October 30
- Saturday November 13
- Saturday December 11
Doors open at 4:15pm for seating.
RSVP is highly encouraged, as there’s limited space for seating available, as we continue to follow COVID-19 safety protocols.
Events are FREE to attend–donations welcomed at the door.
Line-up of films include:
- LANDING (6:01), Alice Svetic, Music: Animal Collective
- BEING HEUMANN (4:16), Molly Kiefer and Posy Knight
- TO DO: (8:22), Cedar Becher, Performers: Annie Petersen and Liam Fleming
- TORMENT FREESTYLE (2:56), verdt and Finn Björnurud
- SITE/SIGHT #DOMINOES (4:14), Betty Saluman & developed by youth poets from Neighborhood House, DanceCircus and community dancers, with videographer Dan Boville and the support of the WI Arts Board and funds from the National Endowment for the Arts and the City of Milwaukee Arts Board. www.turbulenceproject.com
- L’HOMME ARMÉ (7:14), Christal Wagner (assisted by Caitriona Quirk), Performers: Christal Wagner and Jackie Willis, and Music: Johannes Regis
- FRAGMENTED DIMENSIONS OF CERTAIN UNCERTAINTY (10:33), Cuauhtli Castro Ramirez, Performers: Andrea Cortes and Monica Moya, and Music: Elsa y Elmar, Frank Sinatra, and Natalia Doco
- THUNDER DOMESTIC – excerpts “Lipstick”, “Biter”, and “Yes” (16:34), Zach Byron Schorsch, Performers: Katrina Hjelmgren, Tom Hjelmgren, Marissa Jax, Molly Kiefer, and Selena Milewski, Music: Forrest Jackson and Produced by Cooperative Performance MKE
- DANCETERIA: Break the Walls (26:58), Posy Knight and Zach Schorsch, Performers: Cedar Becher, Erin Burmeister, Thom Cauley, Forrest Jackson, Noah Johnson, Molly Kiefer, Posy Knight, Ashley Milewski, Cuauhtli Casto Ramirez, Zach Schorsch, Audwin Short, Alice Svetic, Julia Teeguarden, Megan Velez, Christal Wagner, and Tori Watson, and Music: Allen Russell
Access the Danceteria Film Series Program HERE.
More information about upcoming Danceteria events at www.53212presents.org/danceteria or on instagram @danceteria53212.
Special thanks to 53212 Presents , Milwaukee Arts Board, Milwaukee Dance Theatre Network, Milwaukee Theatre Alliance, Riverwest Investment Cooperative, and West River Collective.