Proposals are accepted year-round. Please read carefully the following guideline before you submit. For questions regarding exhibition timeline, guideline and others, please email Marketing Communications Coordinator Howard Leu: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can propose an exhibition
- Artists, curators active in local, national or international art communities.
- Must be 18 years old
- WPCA members (FREE). A $15 submission fee will be required for non-members. A WPCA Artist level membership is only $35 and comes with some good benefits! Click here to learn more!
What you need to know before submitting a proposal
- We typically do not offer solo exhibitions (there are rare exceptions). Your proposed exhibition may be matched up with another submission, with each show occupying one of the two spaces in our main gallery, or considered as part of a group exhibition curated by WPCA or guest curators.
- An art collective or art group may submit a proposal, with one person as acting curator/contact person.
- Works of all medium accepted (including 2D, 3D, installation, performance, etc).
- WPCA retains 30% of all artwork sales during the exhibition.
- WPCA will not pay for shipment or pickup artwork.
- It may take up to six months for us to respond to a submission.
- Submissions will not be returned.
Package may be submitted digitally via email or mailed as hardcopy.
- Exhibition proposal. A couple of paragraphs explaining the artwork and exhibition.
- Images. 5–10 images that shows artwork or concept. It could be photographs of the existing work or images of sketches, conceptual artwork. File format: JPG, 72 dpi, 800px width min. Please label the files accordingly. Images can be submitted via email, file share sites (Dropbox…) or hardcopy on disc or flash drive.
- Artist Biography, current.
- Artist Resume/CV. Two pages max. Current.
- Artist Statement pertaining to the proposed artwork (Here’s a good guide on writing artist statements).
Walker’s Point Center for the Arts
Attn: Exhibition Committee
839 S. 5th Street
Milwaukee, WI, 53204
Email: email@example.com, w/ subject line: Exhibition Proposal.
NOTE: Due to the large number of submissions, we ask you to be patient as we review each of them in the order they are received.
WPCA Gallery Floor Plan. Note: the gallery consists of the east and south rooms.