CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
WPCA Art Market is a gallery dedicated to displaying and selling our member’s artwork while providing people quality and affordable art. We accept various types of media and style. Please review the guidelines below.
Submission dates: June 10th – 20th
Your work must be submitted on these dates. If your work is submitted at any other time, it will not be reviewed.
Due to the large number of submissions received, WPCA cannot guarantee immediate overview of submissions. Please do not contact WPCA regarding your submission. You will receive a response after your work has been reviewed, up to 3 months after the submission date.
- Must be a current member of WPCA in order to apply and display work.
- Our goal is to exhibit and promote local artists. We define local, primarily as artists from Milwaukee, but will accept work from artists in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- Only 2D and 3D work will be accepted.
- All items on sale in the art market must be priced under $100 ($1 – $99).
Submission Guidelines/What to Email:
We do not accept mailed submissions. Do not call or email to check on your submission. WPCA will respond after the submission has been reviewed, which may take up to 3 months.
- No 2-D work larger than 3 ft. x 3 ft.
- We will accept drawing, painting, prints, collage.
- Work must be ready to hang.
- No 3-D work larger than 1 ft. x 1 ft. x 1 ft.
- We will accept ceramics, sculpture, jewelry.
- Maximum 5 images/pieces of art (1 image per work, please)
- JPEG file format
- Image size: maximum 7” on longest side, 72 dpi
- Image must be of the actual work you would like to display in the art market space. We will not accept proposed work.
- Label each jpeg with “1, 2, 3, etc” then your last name. (Eg., 1Smith.jpg, 2Smith.jpg, 3Smith.jpg, etc.)
- Please submit professionally photographed digital images that accurately represent your work.
- PDF or .doc file format
- List in order according to file name of JPEG (example: “3Smith.jpg” listed as #3 on list).
- Include your name, title, year, medium, edition (if applicable), dimensions and price.
- Work will remain at WPCA for 3 months. After that time, if work does not sell, WPCA will remove it from the space in order to allow other artists to exhibit.
- Any shipping required will be the responsibility of the artist.
- WPCA retains a 30% commission on all sales, please price your work accordingly.
Due to the limited amount of display space we cannot accept all submissions. Artists are welcome to submit during each deadline. Please do not resubmit the same work twice.
Failure to follow submission guidelines will result in your submission not being reviewed. If you are not a current member, your submission will not be reviewed.
For questions regarding the display space or your membership status, contact Executive Director, Kate Bradley at email@example.com or 414.672.2787 ext. 11.