Exhibition Proposal Guidelines
Proposals are accepted year-round. However, our gallery exhibitions are booked through 2018. Any proposals received currently will be reviewed and considered for the 2019 season.
Please read carefully the following guideline before you submit. Please email Howard Leu with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can propose an exhibition
- Artists, curators active in local, national, or international art communities.
- Must be 18 years old.
What you need to know before submitting a proposal
- We typically do not offer solo exhibitions (there are rare exceptions). Your proposed exhibition may be matched up with another submission, with each show occupying one of the two spaces in our main gallery, or considered as part of a group exhibition curated by WPCA or guest curators.
- An art collective or art group may submit a proposal, with one person as acting curator/contact person.
- Works of all medium accepted (including 2D, 3D, installation, performance, etc).
- WPCA retains 30% of all artwork sales during the exhibition.
- WPCA will not pay for shipment or pickup artwork.
- It may take up to six months for us to respond to a submission.
- It is critical that submitters become familiar with the nature of our gallery program and the mission of our organization, if not already. We highly recommend you attend a reception, visiting the gallery and speak to our staff before submitting. An exhibition proposal with an education or programming component will be highly favored.
- Proposals and fee will not be returned.
Submission MUST include
Package may be submitted digitally via email or mailed as hardcopy.
- Exhibition proposal. A title and written description explaining the concept and goal of the exhibition proposed.
- Images. 5–10 images of the artwork or concept. It could be photographs of the existing work or images of sketches, conceptual artwork. File format: JPG, 72 dpi, 800px width min. Please label the files accordingly. Images can be submitted via email, file share sites (Dropbox…) or hard copy on disc or flash drive.
- Artist Biography, current.
- Artist CV. Two pages max. Current.
- Artist Statement pertaining to the proposed artwork (Here’s a good guide on writing artist statements).
- Submission fee of $25 or free for current WPCA member. Use button on the right column to submit fee or membership.
Send Proposal to:
Email: email@example.com, with subject line: Exhibition Proposal.
Walker’s Point Center for the Arts
Attn: Exhibition Committee
839 S. 5th Street
Milwaukee, WI, 53204
NOTE: Due to the large number of submissions, we ask you to be patient as we review each of them in the order they are received.
FREE for WPCA Artist level members (and above).
$25 for non-members.
WPCA Gallery Floor Plan. Note: the gallery consists of the east and south rooms.
East Gallery Floor Plan (click to enlarge)
South Gallery Floor Plan (click to enlarge)