Community Frames: Moving Image Submission Guidelines
Walker’s Point Center for the Arts is pleased to announce an open call for art for the Community Frames exhibition, a moving image gallery spanning between June 1st and July 7th, 2018. Walker’s Point Center for the Arts (WPCA) is an arts community-based organization located in Milwaukee’s Historic Walker’s Point neighborhood. We were established thirty years ago with the goal to make art experiences accessible to families and youth of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
Community Frames is an initiative that aims to highlight moving image in a gallery setting. We have been working alongside partners from UW-Milwaukee, MIAD, MKE Film, Black Lens, Cine Sin Fronteras, as well as filmmakers and youth to bring this event to fruition.
We are most interested in displaying works that explore the ideas of community, identity, and voice. This installation will be displayed from June 1st 2018 to July 7th, 2018.
Submission deadline is April 7th 11:59pm.
- Send links via file sharing sites such as Dropbox, Google drive, or Share Drive. (Note: Please make sure to give access for people to view and download the content.)
- All submission must have been produced after January 1st, 2016.
- All files must be encoded in either .mov or .mp4 file formats with a H.264 codec.
- Please no letterboxing on videos. We do encourage the use of non traditional aspect ratios; however, in lieu of using letterboxes, please export your film to the appropriate resolution to fit your aspect ratio.
- Please have at least 1 second of black video on the head and tale of your film to optimize it for video loops.
***Please note that work will be presented in a gallery setting and any sound tied to the video will be presented within the same space as other installations.
2018 Community Frames entries will be selected by a panel and will be exhibited or screened between the dates of June 1st and July 7th, 2018. The selected work will be rotating during the run of the exhibit, the schedule of exhibitions will be published at a later date.
Students/ 53204 residents /WPCA members FREE
Email: Filmmonth@wpca-milwaukee.org w/ subject line: Community Frames
WPCA Gallery Floor Plan. Note: the gallery consists of the east and south rooms.
East Gallery Floor Plan (click to enlarge)
South Gallery Floor Plan (click to enlarge)