Youth Empowerment Week 2018!
Join us for a week-long workshop where we will explore identity, community, and self-advocacy through creative expression. Each day we will create a project using different artistic mediums.
- Monday: Create a self-portrait series as you learn to convey emotions onto a 2-dimensional platform. This session is lead by Featured Member Artist Rodney Mustelier.
- Tuesday: Using felt techniques, create a Monster Doll as we discuss our fears and talk about healthy strategies to face these fears.
- Wednesday: Make your own paper! Through a discussion about community, you will make your own paper to reflect what is important to you and those around you.
- Thursday: Create a clay mask that reflects the image that you project into the world. We will explore the ideas of self-perception and how our feelings influence the ideas of self.
- Friday: Using multimedia for storytelling techniques, we will incorporate photography and collage to tell your story!
Prices: $30 – $60/week.
Discount for 53204 neighborhood residents and WPCA members. Daily rates also available.
March 26 – 30, 2018
1:00PM – 5:00PM
Ages: 6 – 12
Register for Youth Empowerment Week!