APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
COMMUNITY ARTS ASSISTANT
Reporting to the Director of Arts Education, this position will support art educators and teaching artists with the development, delivery and evaluation of arts education programs for youth ages 6-24 years of age while representing WPCA in community outreach initiatives in our city.
- Assist in year-round arts education programs including afterschool art classes, Afternoons with Art, Summer Art Camp, Creative Multimedia Apprenticeship Program, Emerging Leaders Program, etc;
- Work in collaboration with Visual Communication Specialist to create multimedia digital content that highlights our work, projects, and initiatives;
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations to continuously enhance WPCA’s Mission and impact;
- Support WPCA’s outreach strategies to ensure that we are connecting with relevant and important initiatives in our community;
- Recruit and manage volunteers for community outreach events; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Desire to utilize arts and culture as a tool for community transformation.
- Experience facilitating art projects.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Highly collaborative.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to work with youth.
- Action oriented, passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Individual art practice is encouraged.
Salary and working conditions:
- This is a part time position for up to 20 hrs/week with an hourly rate of $15.
- Evening and weekend availability as scheduled with primary schedule reflecting WPCA’s hours of operation (Tuesday through Saturday 12pm-5pm).
- 60% of this position will support after school programming and 40% will lead outreach initiatives to help expand the knowledge and reach of WPCA’s mission.