Día de los Muertos T-shirt Design Contest
Deadline: Sunday, September 27
Calling all artists! Walker’s Point Center for the Arts is looking for artwork for this year’s Día de los Muertos t-shirt. The artwork will also be used for promotional items for our annual Día de los Muertos exhibition (Oct. 16 – Nov. 22). The artwork should reflect the celebration of the holiday.
This contest is opened to everyone. Please read the design details and submission guideline below. Submission will be accepted from now through Sunday, Sept. 27. Winner will be announced by October 2.
Artist of the chosen design will receive a $25 Blick gift certificate, one year WPCA Artist level membership, two 2015 Día de los Muertos t-shirts.
2014 t-shirt design, by Jose Montoto.
- Graphic for front of t-shirt.
- Up to three colors.
- Must have the text ‘Walker’s Point Center for the Arts’, ‘Día de los Muertos’ and ‘Milwaukee, Wisconsin (WI)’.
- Suggested elements in design: marigold flowers, calavera (sugar skull), papel piqued and other imagery common to the Mexican and Latin American Día de los Muertos holiday.
- Design must be proportionally sound for a standard t-shirt from size youth medium to adult XL.
- Artist may incorporate their signature into the design.
- All images must be original or have allowed copyright use.
- Submission must be in the form of a high resolution PDF file.
- Email submission to Marketing Communications Coordinator Howard Leu at howard@wpca-milwaukee.
Dia de los Muertos Parade