Our gallery program has long been a champion of local, emerging and underrepresented artists, offering not only a platform for their work but also behind-the-scenes support. Our main gallery hosts 7-8 exhibitions a year, including in-house curated and collaborative shows with local, national and international art groups.
Walker’s Point Center for the Arts supports visual and performing arts and learning in a multicultural environment. The center fosters creativity in children through innovative education and encourages audience development and artistic talent with a diverse blend of programming. From bold exhibitions to youth arts programs, our commitment to equity in the arts and in the world at large drives everything we do.
We belief that all people—including but not limited to those who have been historically underrepresented based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status, or religion—should be represented, supported and have access to thriving venues for expression.
The mission of WPCA includes exhibitions of local, regional, national and international artists. Exhibition proposals that uplift historically underrepresented voices are given priority in the selection process.
- Exhibition Proposals will be reviewed twice a year; January 1 (cycle 1) and July 1 (cycle 2).
- Proposals submitted will be reviewed on January 15th & July 15th. The proposal authors will be notified of the results by January 30th or July 30th.
- A proposal template is available on the WPCA website or by contacting the staff of the WPCA.
- Open dates within our calendars are January, February, March, April, May and June. December also includes time for an artist/maker market with a separate application process.
- Exhibition proposal. A title and written description explaining the concept and goal of the exhibition being proposed. Please refer to our rubric to understand how proposals are scored.
- Images. 5–10 images of the artwork or concept. It could be photographs of the existing work or images of sketches, conceptual artwork. File format: JPG, 72 dpi, 800px width min. Please label the files accordingly. Images can be submitted via email, file share sites (Dropbox…) or hard copy on disc or flash drive.
- Artist(s) Biography, current.
- Artist(s) CV. Two pages max per artist. Current.
- Artist Statement pertaining to the proposed artwork.
- Submission fee is $50 or a WPCA membership.
Next Cycle Closes